Labor Day typically marks the end of summertime fun. The kids are heading back to school, people are getting busier at work, and the weather starts to cool down – even here in Arizona! We know it’s hard to believe after the record-breaking heat we’ve experienced this summer, but winter will be here before we know it, and for some of us, that means putting a tarp on the pool until spring.
If you want to throw the most memorable Labor Day shindig, there are a few things you’ll need to do before the guests arrive – and the sooner you complete these tasks, the more fun your partygoers will have!
How To Prepare For An Unforgettable Labor Day Party
- Clean off the grill: Maybe you’ve been using the grill all summer, or maybe you haven’t used it at all. Either way, it can probably use a good scrub with a steel brush to get any old charred food off of the cooking grates. You can use special grill cleaner, or just mix up some soap and water for a detailed cleaning.
- Get a good set of speakers: Quality speakers add pizazz to any get-together. But this doesn’t mean you need to spend thousands of dollars on a new sound system. If you don’t have working speakers to play music, ask a neighbor to bring theirs over.
- Decide on a menu: Are you going to go with hot dogs and burgers? Or maybe ribs and steak? Or you could get really fancy and make shish kebabs. Deciding on the menu beforehand is vital to make sure you’re prepared for the big day. This will also give you time to marinate any meats or mix up a signature dry rub.
- Mow the lawn: Having a freshly mown lawn makes a big difference at a barbecue, but people have long debated whether you should mow the lawn the day of or the day before a backyard bash. Mowing the day of the party gives you a fresher look, but also you run the risk of having grass clippings all over the place. We recommend mowing the day before so the grass clippings have time to blow away in the breeze before guests arrive. This also is helpful for anyone suffering summer grass allergies.
- Get your pool serviced: If you have a pool and are throwing a Labor Day bash, it is guaranteed that guests will come in their bathing suits ready for a dip. However, if you haven’t had a proper pool cleaning all summer, your pool is probably full of sunscreen, dirt, and sweat. Does that sound like something your guests would want to dive into? Universal Pool Service has been cleaning and repairing pools in Goodyear, Glendale, and the surrounding communities for years. Our full-service pool cleaning package includes strainer basket cleaning, brushing of walls and steps, skimming, pool floor vacuuming, filter backwashing, and chemical balancing. We can also clear your pool drain or clean your tiles for a truly spotless look. Whichever service you choose, you know your guests will experience a clean, chemically-balanced pool for a day of fun in the sun!
Choose Universal Pool Service For Your Labor Day Party Preparation
When you choose Universal Pool Service, you know you are getting experienced pool cleaners who provide unbeatable swimming pool maintenance and pool cleaning service. Check out our entire list of services and pricing and decide which maintenance plan is right for you today!