In the past, we have talked about a few topics that may not have been the most fun to read about. We thought that we would switch gears and talk about the fun side of pool care and service. We have come up with a list of some fun facts about pools and swimming.
- There are more than 10.6 million pools in the United States at this very moment.
- Of those 10.6 million, over 50% of them are in ground pools, 47% are above ground and about 3% are commercial pools.
- California has the most pools with a whopping 3 million. (Don’t worry, Arizona isn’t far behind.)
- Swimming is the most popular recreational activity of children between the ages of 7-17.
- Swimming is the 4th most popular sport in the United States.
- If you swim vigorously for an hour, you can burn up to 650 calories.
- It is believed that swimming has the ability to help reduce stress.
- Marco Polo is the most popular pool game.
- The most popular way to get into a pool is my performing a cannonball.
- 38% of in ground pools have diving boards.
- Benjamin Franklin is the inventor of swim fins.
- The Titanic was the first ocean liner to have a swimming pool on board.
Swimming is a great way to have fun on those warmer days. Make sure that you get regular service on your pool and keep your pool heater working this winter. Call Universal Pool Service for all of your pool needs today.